The original idea for the founding of the museum by a group of local citizens in 1919 was born of the desire to commemorate, very shortly after the end of the conflict, “the war of redemption” which had reunited Trentino to Italy.
The Museum was inaugurated by King Victor Emmanuel III on the 12th October 1921.
The museum is still today supported by an association.
Individuals, legal persons, associations and non-legally-recognised committees may become ordinary members of the museum provided that they make a written application to the Council. The Council decides without appeal, following a two-thirds majority vote, by the first quarter of each year.
More information Statuto del Museo della Guerra (pdf)
The Association Council 2015-2018
President Alberto Miorandi
Assistant President Alessio Less
College of the Auditors of Account
Andrea Tabarelli de Fatis
Board of Arbitrators
Members with rights
Marco Riccardo Rabuffi
Ten. Col. a. terr. Marco Panciroli, Ministero della Difesa
Francesco Valduga, Sindaco di Rovereto
Giulio Prosser, Presidente APT di Rovereto e Vallagarina